NEWS & MEDIA COVERAGE:
- Arizona Daily Star, December 24, 2015.
UA grad student hopes to use phone tech for water tests
- 3D Perspectives, October 14, 2015.
Calling in Sick
- KUAZ/KUAT (PBS/NPR) Radio, September 22, 2015.
UA-Delveoped Device Aims to Speed Infection Diagnosis
- Genomeweb, September 11, 2015.
Droplet Size Used as qPCR Readout in Prototype Device to Detect Heart Infections
- BioCentury, September 10, 2015.
Droplet Under Tension
- UANews, September 4, 2015.
Device Could Speed Diagnosis of Infections
Also covered in
Science World Report,
Infection Control Today,
Machines Like Us,
Science Newsline Medicine,
Medical Design Technology,
The News On Time,
Pharmacy Choice, and more.
- The Korea Times, January 7, 2015.
Korean Scientist Developing Handheld Device for Ebola Detection
- Genomeweb, January 5, 2015.
Arizona Researchers Developing Handheld PCR System for Ebola Detection
- Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News (GEN), December 1, 2014.
Immunoassays Expand Range of Applications
- RSC Advances Blog, November 5, 2014.
Smartphones develop a taste for red wine
- Arizona Engineer, August 5, 2014.
Grad Students Honored for Food-Related Research
- ASABE Superior Paper Award to Pei-Shih Liang and Jeong-Yeol Yoon, July 14, 2014.
Optofluidic Lab-on-a-chip Monitoring of Subsurface Bacterial Transport
- Arizona Engineer, April 1, 2014.
Jeong-Yeol Yoon Elected President of the Institute of Biological Engineering
- UANews, November 25, 2013.
UA Ag and Cardiology Profs Team Up to Make Implanted Devices 'Sticky'
- Advanced Healthcare Materials (Wiley), Back Cover, July 2013 Issue.
Nanowell-Trapped Charged Ligand-Bearing Nanoparticle Surfaces - A Novel Method of Enhancing Flow-Resistant Cell Adhesion
- ASABE Publications, May 30, 2013.
Optofluidic Lab-on-a-Chip Monitoring of Subsurface Bacterial Transport
- Hankook Ilbo, December 12, 2012.
Diagnose Cancer and Cardiac Diseases in 5 Minutes with a Drop of Blood
- UANews, December 7, 2012.
Training the Next Generation of Heart Researchers
- PCR Insider of Genomeweb, December 6, 2012.
U of Arizona Startup Developing Ultrafast Droplet PCR Method for Blood Infection, Veterinary Dx
- UANews, November 20, 2012.
Two UA Inventions Selected as AZ Furnace Startups
- Faraday Discussions (RSC), Editor's Pick of Hot Article, January 21, 2011.
Very Quick Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction for Detecting 2009 H1N1 Influenza A Using Wire-Guide Droplet Manipulations
- KUAT (PBS) TV, October 25, 2010.
Wavelengths: Genes, Germs, and Greenhouses
- KUAT (PBS) TV, October 12, 2010.
Arizona Illustrated: Lab on a Chip
- Dong-A Ilbo, July 23, 2010.
Instant Detection for Single E. coli from Lettuce
- UANews, July 19, 2010.
'Lab on a Chip' Detects Human, Agricultural Contaminants
Also covered in PhysOrg,
Topix, Zmarter, EnterPrise Post, Tipspad, World News Network,
Western Farm Press,
KUAZ Radio, and Informe Saude (Brazil).
- Journal of Biological Engineering (BioMed Central), Highly Accessed, November 17, 2008.
Backscattering Particle Immunoassays in Wire-Guide Droplet Manipulations
- Biotechnology Progress (Wiley), Most Accessed Article in 2006, January 2006 Issue.
Fluorescent Biorecognition of Gold Nanoparticle-IgG Conjugates Self-Assembled on E-Beam Patterns